The Unity Certified User courseware provides a structured, self-study program that includes everything a Test Candidate would need to tackle the Unity Certified User Programming exam. Users will learn the Unity platform, additional C# programming elements, and game development fundamentals by following the hands-on production of multiple working projects in both 2D and 3D including:
- 12 video-based modules with accompanying text references for key concepts (88 videos, approximately 10 hours).
- 3 distinct complete projects with associated assets that users will complete in the Unity Editor.
- Endless Runner – A 2D platformer game in the “endless runner” genre
- Bunny Ball – A third-person, 3D, physics-based arcade game
- Crash Scene – A low-poly 3D neighborhood scene with dynamic cameras and cut-scenes
- Embedded challenges and quizzes to reinforce learning.
- The course should take about 20 hours to complete independently.
The Endless Runner demo video is one of the projects the learners can build as part of the Unity Certified User course within CertPREP powered by GMetrix.
Users must have a firm grasp of C# basics to undertake this course.
The Unity course is delivered on the GMetrix platform, which means you can also access the CertPREP powered by GMetrix practice tests included with this bundle using your same login information. After the online course is purchased, you will receive an email containing the product code and instructions on how access the course.
Unity’s courseware is compatible with all modern desktop browsers and operating systems. A high-speed internet connection is required, and we recommend a download speed of at least 10 Mbps. There are no additional system requirements for most available courses.
CertPREP Practice Tests
CertPREP practice tests for the Unity Certified User (UCU) certification are designed to replicate the certification exam experience so Test Candidates can better prepare themselves for the actual exam. The CertPREP practice tests use the same exam format as the Certiport certification exam and are mapped to the Unity Programmer certification objectives so the Test Candidate is assured that they are practicing the skills that will help them pass the certification exam.
Practice tests are offered in two modes:
- Test Candidates experience what the certification exams will be like
- Timed practice test that performs just like the actual certification exam
- Test Candidates work at their own pace as they receive feedback
- They may opt to access step-by-step instructions or help for each question
This CertPREP single title application license allows you to take up to 30 practice tests for one of the available Unity titles during a one year period. When the license holder activates this license, you will be able to choose any CertPREP title for Unity. Once you have chosen a title, the license will then be locked down to allow you to access only the chosen title.
After the practice test license is purchased, you will receive an email containing the product code and instructions on how access the practice tests.
Complete technical requirements are listed here
UCU Exam Voucher with Retake
The Unity Certified User (UCU) Programmer certification exam will test the basics of C# programming within Unity software to create interactivity in games, apps, AR/VR, and other experiences. This certification demonstrates entry-level knowledge that includes debugging, problem-solving, and interpreting the API, creating and evaluating code, and navigating the Unity interface. Candidates for this exam will be expected to have at least 150 hours of Unity training to obtain the certification.
- Exam vouchers are transmitted electronically via e-mail and are non-refundable.
- Expires one year after date of purchase.
- Please allow up to two days for processing.
- The holder of this voucher is entitled to take one exam at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center.
- The voucher can be used to take the Unity Certified User Programmer exam.
- In the event that you do not pass the exam, a retake code will be emailed to you. You may retake the exam after waiting 24 hours from the time your initial exam was first started. Retake vouchers for Unity must be used within 60 days of the failed exam.
- Certiport Authorized Testing Centers (CATCs) reserve the right to charge a proctoring fee.
You must take the certification exam at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center. For more information see the Getting Started